Monday, October 22, 2012

Home coming


I tried for long, but in vain, to ignore this simple native land of mine. What overwhelmed my deliberate negligence was that everything around me - living and non-living - performed their daily chores in a way that was the least affected by my presence. The creepers on the ground did not make way for me, mirthful butterflies did not cease to dance when I passed by, and the boulders on either side of the footpath paid no respect to me and continued their hermitage not bothering my swelled up egoism. Not that I expected these things to budge, in some far away place where at some stupid moments, I felt home and comfortable. However, here, I expected myself to be acknowledged as a native who toiled in a far-away land. But the indifferent reply to my apprehension shook my conscience violently.
In a way I am happy now to see my conceit crumbled. I owe you a lot, my dear native land, and I belong to you, I belong here.

3 comments:

  1. Nice imagery :)
    Faar from the self-centered whining stuff I come up with when I miss home :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get ICC T20 World Cup 2020 Schedule including time table Venue and much more at free of cost to get ready for this biggest sport event and to support your favorite cricket team.

    ReplyDelete